Friday, February 17, 2012

Ding dong the tree is gone!

Or at least the tree stump is gone now! We took the tree down about 3 years ago and I've been waiting for the stump to rot enough to get out since. I decided to take it out this week so I wouldn't have to now around it anymore. Instead I will have to now around the new tree I am putting in there.

The tree we took out was some kind of pine tree that died about 5 years ago due to some kind of bug infestation. Mine was one of the first in the area to go, but it seems to be attacking pretty much every other pine I see these days. It was a hard loss, since that provided late day shade to my biggest windows in the house. It has made a real difference on how hot the living room gets in the summer.

I already have the tree I am planning on putting in there, I just need to move it from where I decided to put it last year. Hopefully moving it doesn't kill it, I grew it from a seedling.





- Fin

No comments:

Post a Comment