Friday, April 19, 2013

Facebook Frustration

I've noticed a definite trend lately with Facebook - I'm tired of it.  Somehow, I'd like to move away from my primary connection point of family and friends being this site.  Why?  Well, I might start with the upcoming video ads.  

Really?  Multiple rumors also indicate these ads will AUTO PLAY, multiple times.

Screw that noise.

I went to paying google for my email a few months back.  Why?  No ads.  Now, when it comes to Facebook, I struggle to find the justification.  Family and friends have switched more to facebook lately, away from blogging.  I think because blogs require more "work".  Like writing a letter versus calling or texting.  As a society, we want immediate live feeds.

So, the question now becomes... How do I follow my friends and families without Facebook? Unfortunately, I think it requires their cooperation.  I've had a few friends announce they would leave Facebook.

For now, I'm going to make an effort to blog here instead of posting to my Facebook feed.  Hope the family gets it.

No comments:

Post a Comment