Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Recycling Center in Overland Park

Overland Park has a pretty awesome recycling center! Its easy to find, basically you go down 119th street heading west, go past metcalf a bit and turn left at hardy st, it goes right in to it. Its by the Time Warner cable center there in OP.

Here are a bunch of pictures I took the first time I was there, they kind of looked at me funny.....



















I've gone twice now to drop off my glass and a couple other things. They take just about everything. I can truly say that between composting and recycling we have about a bag of trash a week these days. I am trying to get it down to having NO trash at all, but I'm not sure that's going to be possible, I'm working on it though!

Something else I'm working on is looking for bags that are biodegradable. I am considering using paper bags but curious if there is a plastic trash bag out there that would work.....


--Fin

No comments:

Post a Comment